Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Raspberry Cheese Spread




I was surfing all of my blogs in search of a great new recipe to take to work on Monday to celebrate a few birthdays that were at the end of march and I came across this. It is WONDERFUL!!! I know, I know, you are going to read the ingredients and say "Who would ever put raspberry jelly with a cheese mixture?" Well do not knock this until you try it! Everyone at work loved this recipe so give it a try it is very easy and very elegant looking!


If you do not like raspberry this would be awesome with pepper jelly too!




Raspberry Cheese Spread


4 ounces cream cheese, softened


1 cup mayonnaise


2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese


2 cups shredded cheddar cheese


3 green onions, finely chopped


1 cup chopped pecans


1/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves


In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until blended. Beat in cheeses and onions. Stir in pecans. Spread into a plastic wrap-lined 9 round dish. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Invert onto a serving plate; spread with preserves. Serve with crackers.

Note: The 1/4 cup of raspberry preserves is a little skimpy......I'd go ahead and add a good 1/2 cup or more to ensure that each little scooplet gets some raspberry goodness. ;)


I found this at Michelle Wooderson's blog and she notes that this comes from Taste of Home. If you would like to check out her blog just click here. She is very talented and I have made several of her recipes and they are all wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment