Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Northwest Flooding

I was on my way to my dad's house to clean and do laundry last weekend and I thought I'd stop and see just how bad the flooding was.

My dad lives across the river in Chaska but since the flooding the two ways that are the most convenient to cross the river were flooded so I have to drive quite a distance to get there. Usually it takes me about 10-15 minutes to get there normally, now it takes me 30-40 minutes.

This time I took my camera so that you could see what we are dealing with!

This is a little road that goes to a farmer's field that gets flooded out every year. I thought it was really cool to be able to see first had how much the water had receded. The water was up the to road that I turned off of which was about 50 feet back.


Here's the first sign telling you that the road ahead is closed.



I parked my car in a park and ride area and started walking towards the barricades.



I am walking down the middle of the highway and let me tell you it is the weirdest feeling ever! A month ago you would have gotten hit trying to cross this road as it is a very busy road!



Here is the road that I normally travel on to get over the river and you can see that the water is not on the road anymore. You can get a visual at how much the water has gone down now we just have to wait for them to make sure that it is safe to travel on again and then they will re-open the road!!! I can't wait!!!




I sure wish I would have done that while the water was really high it would have been interesting to see just how much of the road was covered.


Note to self: get a smaller camera so that you have it with you at all times!! Problem would be solved! LOL


Have a great day!


























No comments:

Post a Comment