Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Creamy Chicken Lasagna Recipe

Here's the Chicken Lasagna that I told you about in my last post. I got this recipe from Betty Crocker's recipe book called Easy Recipes with Rotisserie Chicken and let me tell you it is the best cookbook I have ever bought. This recipe makes a 9x13 pan and it is sooooooo good that it goes really fast!



Creamy Chicken Lasagna

12 uncooked Lasagna noodles

1 Tbsp butter or margarine

3/4 c chopped green peppers, optional

3/4 c chopped onion

1/3 c milk

2 cans cream of chicken soup

1/2 tsp dried basil leaves

1/4 tsp pepper

1 12 oz container cottage cheese

3 c dices rotisserie chicken

2 c shredded mozzarella cheese

1 c shredded cheddar cheese

1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese


Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan (I always use my Pampered Chef stoneware pan for easy cleanup) with non stick spray.

Cook noodles as directed on package.

Melt butter over med-high heat and add peppers and onions cook about 5 minutes stirring occasionally, until crisp tender.

Remove from heat and add milk, soups, basil and pepper.

Place 4 noodles in bottom of pan. Top with 1 cup of sauce, half the cottage cheese, 1 1/2 c chicken, 2/3 c mozzarella cheese and 1/3 c cheddar cheese.

Repeat layers once, starting with the noodles. Place the remaining 4 noodles over top. Top with remaining soup mixture, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Bake uncovered 50-55 minutes or until hot in the center and golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before you serve it, enjoy!


I served this with garlic toast and a Cesar salad


Cathy raved about it! I hope you try this and enjoy it as much as we did!














1 comment: