Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day! Here's a great photo of my dad who was a gunner in the Navy. Isn't he the most handsome man you have ever seen? I just LOVE all the old time photos of my family from way back then. I am so blessed to still have my dad with me as he is now 85 and he has this same great smile. My dad served in WWII but was lucky enough not to be in the middle of all the fighting. He was a gunner on a ship that brought food and supplies to where ever it was needed. Even though he didn't see any fighting he did get to see the world so when they say "Join the Navy see the world" they really meant it for my dad!



To day Dave and I are going to spend some time with my dad at St. Gert's and then we are off to have a picnic cookout at a park. I will post pictures and a great recipe later!



Enjoy your day and don't forget all the men and women who are and have fought for our freedom!



Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment