Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Art Day Techniques and Cards!

We had our annual Summer Art Day on Sunday and boy did we have fun! For those of you who don't know what art day is, let me explain. At the release of each new catalog our group, The Super Sassy Swappers, get together and do an art day. Each of us find a technique, make a technique card and prep a card using that technique for everyone to make. We go around to stations and learn about how to do the technique and then we get to make a card learning how to do it and get to take a technique card home with us so that we can show our customers how to do these great techniques!
So keep checking in on my blog and you will see all the great cards and the people that made them!

First up is Tammy and her card, her technique was Faux Alligator



















She used the new stamp set You're Great. The technique is on the green paper behind the stamped image and let me tell you the photo does not do it justice, you need to see this one in person, it really looks like Alligator!!

Here's me and my card! My technique was Handmade Dew Drops



















The Dew drops are in the upper left hand corner of my card and they are really fun, inexpensive and easy to make. For my card I used the new papers from the paper pack Passages and the July Stamp Of The Month! Both of these are a must have item and I am sure will be on your wish list too! Passages can be used for a variety of scrapbook pages and cards and are great not only for travel but will make some fantastic guy cards.

I will be showing both of these techniques to my current stamp club and if you would like to learn how to do them, why not have a party? I would love to come and show you and your friends how to do them and you will go away with some really cute cards to send to someone! Call or e-mail if you are interested in doing that.


No comments:

Post a Comment