Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ho Ho Holy Snow Santa!

Wow did we get dumped on! This storm came in fast and and dumped a TON of snow on us. It started around 2 pm Friday and by the time I left work at 4 we must have already had about 2 inches of snow. You know for as much as I HATE snow it sure is beautiful after it's all over and done with!

This is a tree in our back yard

We don't have to shovel our drive way we have an association that takes care of it but you know men, they just have to get out there and pretend that they are doing something useful! Not us women, I am tucked away in the house with my pj's on and snuggled under a blanket on the couch. Now, who is the smarter one? Hands down, ME! :-)

Here's Dave cleaning up the Drive way




Here's more photo's showing how much snow we really got


Check out my table, it must have at least 6 inches of snow on it!


So guess what I did to day? I had a jammy day! That is the BEST thing about snow storms that come right before your day off and I got lucky this time! It was cold in the house so I thought I'd turn on the oven and try a new recipe and it's a keeper! I tried a Pillsbury recipe called "Crescent Bacon-Cheese Tartlets" and this is what they look like:


Here's the recipe:

1 can Pillsbury crescent dinner rolls or 1 can Pillsbury Crescent seamless dough sheet
1/3 c shredded Swiss cheese
1/4 c chopped cooked bacon
1 Tbsp chopped green onion
1 egg
3 Tbsp whipping cream

Heat oven to 375 degrees.
If using crescent rolls unroll dough into 1 large rectangle on work surface. Press into a 12x9 in rectangle firmly pressing seams together.
Cut dough into 12 squares. Gently press squares into 12 ungreased mini muffin cups, shaping edges to form rims 1/4 inch high. Spoon cheese evenly into cups. Top each with bacon and onion. In a small bowl, beat egg and whipping cream with wire whisk or fork until blended. Spoon slightly less than 1 Tbsp mixture into each cup.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and filling is set. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from muffin pan.

OK now here's the recipe that I used since I didn't have any bacon, Swiss cheese or whipping cream:

I used some turkey sausage links that I cooked and crumbled, I used cheddar cheese and in place of the whipping cream I used skim milk. When I rolled out my dough I used a small biscuit cutter and cut my crescent rolls into rounds. I followed the recipe the rest of the way and they turned out GREAT! I would, and will, make these again! I almost ate them all myself so make sure you make a double batch, one for you and one for your friend! ha ha ha

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment