Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

3 Cards, One design

Isn't it funny how one design can make so many different images? Check out my cards, the first one was a make and take that I did at an open house 2 years ago. Everyone who came to my open house thought it was the cutest card ever. Sorry I can not for the life of me get this photo to rotate.
A couple of months ago I had "Rubber Rot", if you don't know what that is it's a term for coming up blank when you are trying to design a card. We called it Rubber Rot since back then all stamps were made out of rubber! Anyways, I was trying to come up with cards for my club to make and I came across a whole pile of the cut papers to make that card. Well I couldn't make the same card as some of my clubbers came to my open house, so I started playing with the pieces and then I came up with this card.

So now my club is done and over and I still had some of those pre-cut papers and still didn't know what to do with them. I saw a post on Splitcoast Stampers where they made a snowman using 3 circles but they had them on a gift tag. Well after seeing that I got out my big shot and my circle die and thought that snowman would be the cutest thing to add to a recipe swap that I am in but then after seeing how small my circles were I just knew that it would work great on a card and here is the final card!

Here are all the cards together. At least in this shot I have all the cards the right way so that you can see them!
So the lesson to this story is that when you have "Rubber Rot" grab a card that you already have and turn it once or twice and you will have a whole new design, and it's just that easy!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment