Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hollydazzle Parade and Macy's 8th Floor

I finally got to go and see the Hollydazzle Parade! Since this started I have always wanted to go and see this but I could never find any one to go with me. Most people hibernate in the cold Minnesota winter and don't want to go out in the cold. My friend Liz and her family asked if I wanted to go and of course I said Yes!

Before the parade we went to Macy's 8th floor to see "A day in the life of an Elf", which was incredible! Every year Macy's decorate their 8th floor in a Christmas theme and they go all out with moving mannequins and you even get to visit with Santa Claus!





After Macy's 8th floor it was off to Candy Land, which is an incredible candy store! They have every candy imaginable plus my favorite, Popcorn! So we all got a treat and then we were off to see the parade. This is my BFF Meghan enjoying a gummy worm!

Boy it sure was cold out but it was the best parade I have ever been too! They shut down all the street lights and the floats are nothing but lights! To start off the parade they had a float with some of the Vikings football players on it and of all the players to be there it was the William's Wall! Now they are nothing new to us because they come into Red Lobster to eat and we have all seen them before but it was really cool to see them in lights!
Each Float was a fairy tale theme and they included Pinocchio, The Wizard of Oz, Jack and Jill, Humpty Dumpty and more!



The final float was the Big guy himself, Santa Claus! It was a treat of a lifetime for me and I will never forget it!

The Parade was only a half an hour long but worth every minute! Next time I go I think that I will stand in the sky ways and be warm watching it! You know me I am a real freeze baby!
After all of the festivities we were off to Red Robin for some great burgers! What could be better than topping off the fun with food. You all know I am all about the food!
Thanks Hawley family for taking me along and remember me next year!









2 comments:

  1. It sounds (and looks) like you have great fun! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's coordinate next year and the Sauvola Family will come too! I love that and I know Abby will think it's awesome!! Thanks for sharing all the photos!

    ReplyDelete