Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Finishing Up Christmas Gifts

Well I have been busy, busy, busy this past weekend. As you all know I HATE to bake but I love to make candy and anything that is really quick. At my cookie exchange one of my friends brought a snack called Snickerdoodle Chex Mix and it was to die for! She printed the recipe for me along with a few others and I thought that they would make great Christmas gifts for those that have everything! The best thing of all most of these were made in the microwave and took no time at all!

Here's what I made:


Chocolate Chex Caramel Crunch



Snickerdoodle Chex Mix








Chex Muddy Buddies



Caramel Corn Chex Mix




Cheesy Ranch Mix





The recipes for for all of the Chex Mixes can be found at http://www.chex.com/ and look under recipes.


The Cheesy Ranch Mix is from my friend Cathy and here's the recipe for that:

Cheesy Ranch Mix


1 box White Cheddar Cheeze Its

1 box of regualr Cheeze Its

1 bag of Cruchy Cheetos

1 bag of Pretzils

1 box Chex Cereal or Crispex Cereal

1 bottle of Orville Reddenbachers Butter Flavored Popcorn Oil

2 pkg dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dip or Salad Dressing Mix, either works fine

Mix the first 5 ingredients between 2 big bowls. Mix the popcorn oil and dry dip mix together. Pour over the 2 big bowls stirring until well coated. Put mix on a baking sheet and bake 1 hour at 250 stirring every 15 minutes. Cool and keep in tightly covered containers.


I did change the recipe up just a little, Cathy's recipe called for 1 pkg of Hidden Valley Ranch mix and I add two. I like a little more ranch flavoring then she does but either way works great. I hope you try some or all of these they are all really good and it's very hard not to sneak just a little of each one!!!


Happy Holiday's to you all!

Lynn





























No comments:

Post a Comment