Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

I'm Back Y'all!

I am back from my trip to San Antonio, Texas! I went there with my friend Liz to see her son graduate as a Med Tech from Sam Houston Army Base. Here is a picture of Matt, doesn't he look good in that uniform? I always did like a man in uniform!

Matt is stationed at Fort Sam Houston and will go on to be stationed in Washington State where he will continue his schooling to become a nurse.

While we were there we did A LOT of sightseeing! We saw the Alamo, Mission San Jose, Mission Conception, the Riverwalk, Japanese Tea Garden, The Mercado, Buckhorn Saloon and Museum and the Towers of the Americas. Wow can you believe that we saw all that in only three days? Needless to say I am pooped and will going to be really early tonight! Here are some of the sights that we saw:


The Tower of the AmericasLooking down from the observation deck all the way at the top! What a view huh?

Mission Conception


Mission San Jose
The Alamo

The Buckhorn Saloon and Museum
The Japanese Tea Gardens
The Alamo Dome

And here we all are together on our last day with Matt. It was a bitter sweet trip fun to see him but hard to drop him back off. The good thing about it is that he will be home on Wednesday to spend some time with the family before he starts his nursing school!



I hope you enjoyed a mini version of our trip, as you can tell we enjoyed it very much and I am so very glad that I went. Now I am off to bed as I am exhausted, good night!




No comments:

Post a Comment